Sunday, October 01, 2006

Late I know and I apologize.

At the first the article “Second thought” regarding second life, did not make much sense to me due to the fact that it took a while for them to get to the point, but I am sure some of my Sunday evening laziness took part in it as well. What I understood form the article is that people are creating a second type of life by the use of video games. This made me think of a certain game called “The Sims,” this game is about creating a make believe life or family and controlling events with in the game. I believe this second life deal is about having full control on a fictional life through media. As if were and escape from the reality of life, or in harsh words the reality of how fucked up life can be, through the perspective that we as people can’t control certain situations. I also believe this second life is a way to make certain fantasies of ours come true, not only controlling the situation of a fictional second life but fantasies that as real human we can not achieve, maybe because they are absurd and just plainly not politically correct with society or perhaps the fact that our fantasies can be so imaginative and creative, like flying rhinos and singing pigs with cats wearing boots as bass. To a degree this second life talk is a great way to let people not only interact with new media but also, expand their imagination and making dream only situations come true.

No comments: