Tuesday, March 31, 2009

ann arbor film fest

The festival was an AMAZING experience. Clark and I watch a lot of videos that we really enjoyed and some that are questionable, but overall the experience was great. One of my favorite days was when we had the student showing. It was a good experience seeing what other students are making and what they used and their techniques. I think its good to see other film or video students and view what they are making with different backgrounds of study.

Clark and I missed the gala opening of the film fest but we made it in time to watch the first set of films being shown. I really enjoyed western spaghetti by Pes. What I enjoyed about the animation was the immense attention to detail and also the comical feel of it. Something so simple like making spaghetti and viewing it in a fun form makes it really exciting.

Dahlia by Michael Langan was another one of my favorites… pretty much the whole fest was great I have lots of faves. meeting new people and being able to experience it with classmates made it really fun.

When can we do it again?!?!?!

taking the train was cool, but after a few hours i start feeling claustrophobic, yet its pretty relaxing.

No comments: